A number of people who currently fulfil the key roles to run our swimming club will be stepping down in the next few weeks. Whilst this is perfectly normal and usually reflects the stage their swimmers are at in the aquatic careers, it does present an operational risk to the running of the club, particularly for the lower squads and our young guns who are coming through at pace. I’m therefore reaching out to parents of all squads, for enthusiastic volunteers to address some urgent resourcing issues, and mitigate risks to our club and swimmers.
We’re always looking for helpers to share the workload, but in particular the following skills and experience are sought:
- Experience of organising and running Open Meets
- Skills and experience with electronics (results & scoreboard)
- Club admin & correspondence
- Databases & record keeping
- Digital club management
- Financial management, including knowledge of managing & producing accounts
- Legal advisor
- Pool bookings
- Swim21 accreditation – Essentials
- Swim21 accreditation – Performance environment
- Health & Safety risk management
- Schools liaison (primary schools to University education)
- Website support & administration
- Help with organising social events
- Fundraising & sponsorship
- Liaison with Swim England on Leading the Lanes, ensuring our children are encouraged and recognised, for their volunteer effort
Some of the roles becoming available will be committee positions, others will be simply the significant roles to protect our position as an Elite swim club.
Sorry I’m so demanding, but given the vast array of skills and talent amongst our parents and carers, can you give this some thought over the next few days and let me know where you can help (reply to email@example.com). Novices are always welcome, and your never a novice for long!
The future success of the club relies on your continued help and support.
Have a great bank holiday!