Current and former Swimmer profiles
- Olympic Champion and World Record holder in the 100m Breaststroke event, achieved at Rio in 2016
- 3 World Records; 50m Breaststroke 26.42secs, 100m Breaststroke 57.12secs and the Mixed Medley Relay.
- 2 World Championship Gold Medals.
- European champion 100m breast 2015
- Nominated for the BBC Sports Personality Award for the 2nd consecutive year.
- Swimming World’s World & European Swimmer of the Year – an award which hasn’t been awarded to a European for the past 15 years
- 2 European Short Course Silver Medals
Sarah vasey made the transition from the Derventio excel squad to the City of Derby in the autumn of 2015. Having already represented GB in Tokyo following a very successful British championships in the spring of 2015, she joined with an exceptional pedigree.
Sarah has made significant in roads in improving her performance in her favoured events of 50m & 100m Breaststroke. As recently as April 2016, she secured the 100m Breaststroke silver medal at the British Championships for the 2nd consecutive year in a time of 1.07.50 – a pb and amazingly, a time that won fellow Brit, Chloe Tutton a silver medal at the European championships.
To further prove the point that she is in the form of her life, at the East Midlands Championships in May 2016 she swam the 3rd fastest time in the world this year in the 50m Breaststroke in a time of 30.62secs, just 0.06 sec behind the British record.
Pictured is Lewis White.
Lewis White is truly scaling the heights of para-swimming. His major meets of the year have been:
- Olympic bronze medallist in the 400m S9 freestyle event
- Six time British Record holder in the s9 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle events, long course and short course
- British Para-Swimming International where he enjoyed great success, winning four youth gold and one silver.
- IDM Open Para-Swimming meet in Berlin.
- National Paralympics day in London.
- British Para-swimming Long Course Championships where he won a Bronze but more importantly recorded 6pbs at a major meet!
- Brazil School Games in Natal winning three Golds
- National Para-Swimming Championships where he was very successful in the 14-17 year old group winning three Golds and one Silver.